Chat has become the URL target

jemcfarlandIII
Flag: United States of America

Chat has become the URL target

Post by jemcfarlandIII »

Whether at the bottom of the index page or the top of it - my URL - http://uhf.jemiii.org - now targets the chat box Or at least the very top of it.

I need it to go back to targeting the top of the page as usual ... I don't see anyone else complaining so I must have an unusual sitution ...

TIA for any help you can give me ....

- jemcfarlandIII
Last edited by jemcfarlandIII on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Chat has become the URL target

Post by spaceace »

must be something that sets focus to a text input. if you haven't done any manual editing of board files with setting the focus, i would need you to zip up your entire extension folder with all your extensions in it and i will see if i can find the issue. also, depending on how modified your style is, i might need that as well. but i will do what i can to find the issue for you. if you have paid/private extensions installed, you can send them to me in a PM
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

jemcfarlandIII

Post by jemcfarlandIII »

I'm not sure you really want to do that - did you happen to look at the URL - over a 100 extensions installed.
No editing has been done post Ajax Chat install - plenty before - including direct modification of style files, etc...
The focus actually seems to be on the Chat as a whole - it always sets the screen to show the very top of the chat - just the title shows.
This is the same whether at top of page or bottom. If would not be noticeable if I was setup like you, but I have other extensions that use
the upper real estate also which makes chat show up a little further down .... I removed one and it is closer to the top at this point.

I will keep an eye on things and do more research. I was hoping it was you having set the chat to get focus once displayed .... maybe
because it gets focus when called?

Thank you for your time .... I will let you know ONCE it is resolved. ;-)

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

chat has no focus setting. your site is the first time that this issue has happened. something is setting the focus to the textinput and also adding 2 spaces. i have no idea what is causing that

BTW... your avatar is one of the coolest i've seen in years :D
Last edited by spaceace on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

jemcfarlandIII

Post by jemcfarlandIII »

I know exactly what you are talking about - it started happening in my normal text boxes - around the time of the last Quick Reply extension upgrade.
I tried to narrow it down back then - but had no luck. I also added/upgraded another extension or 2 around the same time period.
I wasn't thinking about that causing my prob with chat but makes perfect sense now .....

Thank-you

jemcfarlandIII

Post by jemcfarlandIII »

LOL - Google is always our best friend - I tried

PHPBB3 extension text box getting focus and adding two spaces

Instantly came up with a post about someone else with same prob and they knew what extension they had installed - same as me at the time -TinyPic
Disabled and prob solved!

Thanks for your time and the great extension! :D

jemcfarlandIII

Post by jemcfarlandIII »

LOL - Google is always our best friend - I tried

PHPBB3 extension text box getting focus and adding two spaces

Instantly came up with a post about someone else with same prob and they knew what extension they had installed - same as me at the time -TinyPic
Disabled and prob solved!

Thanks for your time and the great extension! :D

EDIT:
Sorry about double-post - I could only edit it - not delete it. :D
Last edited by jemcfarlandIII on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

awesome. glad you found it :D