virtual floppy drives...

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

virtual floppy drives...

Post by spaceace »

i have been dealing with an issue that has left me almost pulling out my hair :roll:

my laptop, as well as most new systems, does not have a floppy drive. i needed to install a program yesterday that requires the use of a key diskette to install. i have the key diskette, but no drive to put it in. i tried about 10 different virtual drive programs and none of them seemed to get along with windows 7. well, this morning, after i no longer needed to use the program as i finally found another source for the information i needed, i found a virtual drive program that works perfectly with windows 7... oh, i forgot to mention that it's not just windows 7, but windows 7 64 bit. the name of the program is "ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver" and worked great for me on the first try :D

you can find it here ;) Tools and utilities for Windows

also, i had to use an older windows XP system with a floppy drive to make a floppy image using WinImage that can be found here Download WinImage

so, anyone that has this issue... this might save you a bit of time :D

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT