Chrome/Safari & Portal Issues

general issues...
Benny Blades
Donor
Flag: United States of America

Chrome/Safari & Portal Issues

Post by Benny Blades »

Hope I can get some help on the following two issues:

1. When viewing my portal using Chrome, the right side margin of my portal margin is not lining up. The portal looks fine using Firefox.

2. When viewing the portal in Safari, my pictorial does not show at all, see screen shot. It's been doing this for months.
Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 9.26.39 AM.png
Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Benny Blades on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Chrome/Safari & Portal Issues

Post by spaceace »

ok, here's what i've found....

issue 1...
the alignment issue is caused by the twitter block coding. first pic is with the twitter block code as it is on your site and the second pic is with the twitter block code removed
pic1.gif
pic2.gif
what is causing this is the twitter block is using the forabg container like the center portal blocks are. firefox automatically corrects it with the column setting in the ACP and chrome sees it as it is and it throws the column out.

as for issue #2, it seems that the image tool that you are using is not compatible with safari. i don't know if there is a fix for it or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Benny Blades
Donor

Post by Benny Blades »

Here is a screen shot using Firefox, Twitter block is there.
Screen Shot 2012-01-07 at 5.25.07 PM.png
Last edited by Benny Blades on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

yes, i know the twitter block is there. i removed that block using chrome's built in firebug utility and that fixed the column. the twitter block just simply needs to be recoded to stop it from breaking the layout.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Benny Blades
Donor

Post by Benny Blades »

I understand, thanks for help.

Benny Blades
Donor

Post by Benny Blades »

Update: the Twitter block has been recoded and looks good now. The latest issue is the Twitter feed/block doesn't always work. Sometimes the feed is there, sometimes not. Any ideas what is going on guys?? It used to work 24/7.

Benny Blades
Donor

Post by Benny Blades »

Some of my members using the same browsers as I ( Firefox, Chrome) are reporting it works for some but not for others. On my end, the Twitter feed/block is working with Safari but not Firefox or Chrome. Every once in a while it's there but majority of the time it's not. I tried everything, clear cache, history, ran clear forum cache in ACP, unplugged my wifi, etc...no luck.

Any help?

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i don't know what to say bud. here's screens from safari, chrome, and firefox from my end and all i did was refresh my browser.
safari.png
chrome.png
firefox.png
you also have to keep in mind that the browser war has had all the major browsers updating in the last few months.

Firefox is at 9.0.1
Safari is at 5.1.2
Chrome is at 16.0.912.75 m

ask the members that are having issues to check what version their browser is and get them to clear their cache. other than that, i have no idea what to try as it's all working on my end except for the images in Safari.