Updating Prospace for PHPBB 3.1.x ?

Drachenmond
Donor
Flag: Germany

Updating Prospace for PHPBB 3.1.x ?

Post by Drachenmond »

Hello,

Since several years I am using a slightly modified version of your prospace style. Currently I am considerng updating my form to the new 3.1.x branch and began wondering, if you would update the old theme to the new branch. I would have also worked on it on my own, but I am lacking a good walkthrough how to update an old theme for the new branchon phpbb.com.

Thorsten

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Updating Prospace for PHPBB 3.1.x ?

Post by spaceace »

i do plan to update Prospace to phpBB 3.1. the update process is not as simple as changing a couple of files. the imageset gets removed and converted into css and with the new responsive set up the menu also gets removed so it will have the same colours that Prospace had but look like the style my board is running now but full width.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Drachenmond
Donor

Post by Drachenmond »

Thats good to hear. Do you already have a timeframe in mind in which you think you would be able to realize this effort ?

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Drachenmond wrote:Thats good to hear. Do you already have a timeframe in mind in which you think you would be able to realize this effort ?
unfortunately no. it will depend on when i get the chat extension completed to an actual beta release for people to test. pretty much all of my free time is going to work on extensions right now
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Drachenmond
Donor

Post by Drachenmond »

Hello again,

Do you already have any news about updating your older styles as the chat extension seems to have reached beta status?

Br
Thorsten

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Drachenmond wrote:Hello again,

Do you already have any news about updating your older styles as the chat extension seems to have reached beta status?

Br
Thorsten
yes, it is in BETA but i've been trying to get a few issues fixed. plus working full time now and camping pretty much every weekend leaves me with little time to work on other things :(

but i will get it done as soon as i can ;)

Drachenmond
Donor

Post by Drachenmond »

Ok, pulling up this ols thread. As I've just had to update my phpbb forumI would realy love to see good old prospace theme updated. Do you have any plans on doing so?

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i sure do. but time for me lately has been very limited as i'm working at a new job which is now 6 days a week :roll:

Drachenmond
Donor

Post by Drachenmond »

Hiho Spaceace,

any plans on updating ProSpace to the new 3.2.x branch of phpBB? Would love to see it updated, as I still use a modified ProSpace Theme in one of my Forums.

Greetings from Germany
Thorsten

Kersare
Newly Registered User
Flag: United States of America

Post by Kersare »

I second what Drachenmond said... Right now I'm still running phpbb 3.0.14 with prospace as my style.

I was hoping to update my forum to 3.2.x, but I'm really not thrilled with the current styles - prospace is by far my favorite. Hoping you'll be able to find the time to update it!

Thanks!
Michelle