Prospace

Jackson
Donor

Prospace

Post by Jackson »

Hey guys..

I had installed Prospace onto a 3.0.7ph1 PHPbb3 board. But at the time did not understand there was a difference between 3.0.6 and 3.0.7ph1.

Things is, I really dig this skin and want to keep using it. The only thing I have noticed is that it will not go to the ACP when you attempt to log into the CP. It redirects back to the board and you have to hit it again.

I understand there are ways to make this style compatible with 3.0.7ph1 and I wonder where I might go on this board to find those answers. Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? I am novice level.
Last edited by Jackson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Prospace

Post by spaceace »

updating my style to 3.0.7PL1 is not too hard.

first, does your board have modifications installed? if so, how many?

if it's not modified, it's even easier to update. just replace all the files and refresh the imageset, templates, and theme in the ACP.

i was going to post all the style changes but got too busy making the Bluespace style and am now working and don't know when i'll get to it :roll:
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

No modifications as of yet... Which files need replaced?

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

simplest way is to replace all files. download for 3.0.7 version is here http://www.livemembersonly.com/download ... y.php?id=1

replace the files and refresh the imageset, templates, and theme in the ACP.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

Excellent Spaceace.. I will get those files installed...

I sent you a little something for your work on the style and the help you are providing for a beginner.

I have one other issue that I hope you can help me with. It has to do with the Avatar & rank graphics overlaying the text in the PM section. We're a graphics board, and with most graphics boards, our avatar sizes are larger than most. Ours is set to a max of 250w x 400t . This presents no issues in most of the areas except for viewing of messages in PM...

Check this Screen shot: http://ndts.homeip.net/odd/screenshot.jpg

Notice that the Graphics overlay the edge of the text area by a significant amount?

No doubt this is a setting in CSS that controls the width of that area. Question is, which one or one(s) ... Can this be adjusted to either:

1) expand the width of the box to accept the graphics max width
-or-
2) force the graphic width down to be within the confines of that area

I know if this were table based, I could change the width of the area with a width statement on that column, however it appears to be all CSS based. And my CSS skills are not up to par. If you could point me to what needs adjusted, file and line, I could make the required changes..

What do you think?
Last edited by Jackson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Jackson wrote:Excellent Spaceace.. I will get those files installed...

I sent you a little something for your work on the style and the help to are providing for a beginner.

I have one other issue that I hope you can help me with. It has to do with the Avatar & rank graphics overlaying the text in the PM section. We're a graphics board, and with most graphics boards, our avatar sizes are larger than most. Ours is set to a max of 250w x 400t . This presents no issues in most of the areas except for viewing of messages in PM...

Check this Screen shot: http://ndts.homeip.net/odd/screenshot.jpg

Notice that the Graphics overlay the edge of the text area by a significant amount?

No doubt this is a setting in CSS that controls the width of that area. Question is, which one or one(s) ... Can this be adjusted to either:

1) expand the width of the box to accept the graphics max width
-or-
2) force the graphic width down to be within the confines of that area

I know if this were table based, I could change the width of the area with a width statement on that column, however it appears to be all CSS based. And my CSS skills are not up to par. If you could point me to what needs adjusted, file and line, I could make the required changes..

What do you think?
i see your issue. i'll see if i can get you an answer by this evening ;)

and thank you for the donation. always appreciated :mrgreen:

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

open content.css

find
Code: Select all
.pm .postprofile {
	border-right: 1px solid #620D0D;
}
replace with
.pm .postprofile {
	border-right: 1px solid #620D0D;
	width: 30%;
}

.pm .postbody {
	width: 68%
}
save and upload file. refresh theme in ACP and see if that works for you.
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

It all worked - Thanks

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

Hate to say this after all that, but we're still having issues with the avatar hanging out over the text when the screen size is smaller.

For example, my normal, full screen size is 1280 x 1024.. When in full screen mode, the large avatars work fine, are within the confines and all that. However, if I reduce to say 1024x768, they pop out of their box again like the example I posted above. I didn't notice it on the forums before because I was always looking at them in full screen.

I am not an expert, obviously, but I am thinking the issue rests in the nature of the way the size is handled. Ie: as a percentage.

Can the area be locked to a pixel size? I don't know diddly about CSS, but if this were table elements, I know I could do something like:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr> 
    <td width="250">{profile content}</td>
    <td>{message body content}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
Locking the left column and allowing the right column float with the remaining screen size. Is there a similar capability with CSS? Just fishing in the dark here.
Last edited by Jackson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Jackson wrote:Hate to say this after all that, but we're still having issues with the avatar hanging out over the text when the screen size is smaller.

For example, my normal, full screen size is 1280 x 1024.. When in full screen mode, the large avatars work fine, are within the confines and all that. However, if I reduce to say 1024x768, they pop out of their box again like the example I posted above. I didn't notice it on the forums before because I was always looking at them in full screen.

I am not an expert, obviously, but I am thinking the issue rests in the nature of the way the size is handled. Ie: as a percentage.

Can the area be locked to a pixel size? I don't know diddly about CSS, but if this were table elements, I know I could do something like:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr> 
    <td width="250">{profile content}</td>
    <td>{message body content}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
Locking the left column and allowing the right column float with the remaining screen size. Is there a similar capability with CSS? Just fishing in the dark here.
because everything floats in prosilver based styles, if you lock one thing, it will change the layout of that div. and due to this area not being able to equal 100% it makes adjusting things difficult. when you set one and try to auto fill the other, it messes up the whole layout :roll: having to do it this way is mostly due to keeping with cross browser compatibility... yes, to support IE6 of all things :lol: just like the chat that i use, if i have the post body for chat set with the online list to equal 100%, IE browsers will show a scroll bar at the bottom of chat :roll:

i just played with the numbers a little and in 1024 X 768, you could use 35% and 63%. but this makes the profile block look bigger in higher resolutions. i myself only use 1280 X 1024

when phpBB3.2.X is released, subsilver2(tabled styles) support is getting dropped by phpBB.